Instructions for Registering in the ORNL Supplier Database
This is a general supplier database. This database DOES NOT prequalify you or guarantee that your company will be awarded subcontracts.
Add an Entry
If you are unable to complete the registration or have questions, please send a message to our supplier relationship administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-574-1011 or 865-576-1462.
NOTE - The ability to update an entry is unavailable unless you are contacted by an ORNL buyer who has accessed your information in the database.
- Legal Business Name: Enter the company's legal business name. The legal business name as entered must match the company name as it is registered with Dun & Bradstreet.(See DUNS number.)
- Doing Business As (DBA): If the business uses another name, such as a franchise, licensee name or an acronym, enter that in the DBA field. Do not enter "same" or "as shown above" in the DBA field.
- U.S. or Foreign Registrant: You must identify yourself as a U.S. or foreign registrant, since other requirements are based on that information.
- U.S. Taxpayer Information: Social Security Number (SSN) is required for individuals. Either a SSN or Employer Identification Number (EIN) is required for sole proprietorships. EIN is required for all other U.S. companies. SSN may be entered with or without dashes. EIN may be entered with or without the dash after the second digit.
- DUNS Number: A 9-digit DUNS number is required for all U.S. registrants except individuals. The DUNS number is a unique nine-character identification number provided by the commercial company Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). If you do not have a DUNS number, call D&B at 1-866-705-5711 or access the website. The process to request a DUNS number takes about 10 minutes and is free of charge. Internet requests are fulfilled within 1 business day.
- DUNS Plus 4: If your company has a DUNS+4 number, enter that 4-digit number. This is an optional field.
- Parent DUNS Number: If your company is the subsidiary of another company, enter the parent company's DUNS number.
- Physical address is required. If you supplied a DUNS number, the address will be validated against your Dun & Bradstreet registration. For U.S. addresses, the full 9-digit ZIP+4 code is required.
- State/Province/Region values are dependent upon Country values, so select a country first. If you are a foreign registrant, please note that our SAP system requires a region value if any are listed in SAP for your country.
- P.O. Box address is optional.
Please enter your company's primary telephone number, mobile phone number, FAX number, and email address, as applicable. All of these fields are optional.
Primary Point of Contact
The primary point of contact is the person who acknowledges that the information provided in the registration is current, accurate, and complete. All fields except FAX number are required. The person listed will be contacted if we have questions about the registration and will be notified of its final disposition.
If the registration is approved, which means, if a buyer needs to contact you for a subcontracting requirement, this point of contact will be given an account in our internal Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system in order to update company information and maintain a list of alternate contacts for the company. The fields that are required for the primary point of contact include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Type of Business/Business Structure: Business Structure values are dependent upon the Type of Business, so select Type of Business first.
- Fiscal Year-End Month is required for all registrants except U.S. individuals, for whom December is assumed to be the correct month unless a different month is selected.
- U.S. small business data entered here will be validated against your registration in SAM.gov. The SBA 8(a) Certification Expiration Date is required only for 8(a) firms.
- Please indicate whether your company uses accounting software, and, if so, the name of the software package used.
Goods and Services
- The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is a method for classifying business establishments. You must supply at least one NAICS code for your registration to be complete. You must use 6-digit NAICS codes in your registration in the supplier database. Nothing precludes you from bidding on a procurement that has a NAICS code that you have not listed in your record.
- For each NAICS code, either enter the 6-digit code or click the magnifying-glass icon next to the field to bring up a dialog where you may search by partial NAICS code and/or description, then select the desired match.